Tuesday, February 07, 2017

All in one facing and installing zippers

I like sleeveless dresses and tops and I like all in one facings! I´ve been thinking for a long time to do a tutural but since I´m unable to get the clothes I´ve sewn on a photo, this has been put on hold too.
Then I discovered that Threads had an article about it and even made a video and they are so much better at it then I ever will be so here is a link to Youtube.

The only thing I do different is that I leave about 5 cm at the armholes of both the facing and the garment and and after doing the side seams I sew the lower part of the armcycle together. I like the finish of this so much better

or

Since my weight is going up and down I might completely finish the armcycles and sew the sideseams with the facing and all as one seam carefully match at the top, this makes it easy to alter the fit

 A thing that is asked a lot of times in sewing groups is how to install a zipper and especially an invisable zipper. Here is my advise on this: First you should buy an invisable zipper foot, yes you can use other feet for the job but this one really makes the difference!!!!!!
Second, I was going to write that you should head over to Craftsy and look at the free install zippers mini class that was sponsered by Bernina and was so good, but it lookes like it´s gone so chances are that if you did not "buy" it earlier you can not get access to it..... really pity!....

No comments: