Saturday, February 18, 2017

Ottobre fall/winter dress 2015

 
I made this dress last year and wear it a lot, it´s warm comfy and since I now can see it like this in need of an FBA. still no smile and the kitchen remodeling is not finished either...This is actually the second dress from this pattern, the first one is a burgundy in something called Courtelle jersey, this one is the same kind of fabric but this one is double face så I used the leopard print for the body and the plain grey for the sleeves. The pattern is really nice, it has a square neckline with the facings attached and a split back. If you havn´t tried Ottobre´s pattern I think you should, especially the ones for jerseys are quite nice but if you complain about Burda´s patternsheet you should be aware that Ottobres are worse.....
 
 
 
 My third attempt with this pattern is a Tom Ford stripe bought at Skipper Stoffe in Copenhagen, it´s a much thinner fabric and I made it shorter, since I think it works well with black stockings when it´s cold and looks summery with summerlegs later.  thought a lot about matching stripes here but it did not really ended up how I planned so I decided to add piping . The hardest part with this dress was to match the stripes in the back seam but on take three after some hand basting it looked good. So good I actually smiled at the picture...

 
Closeup on the sleeve and body:
 
 

1 comment:

Esther said...

Hej, det ser ut mycket bättre kortare! Och jag tror att tyget är gladare ocksaa.