Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Onion 5019 Wrap blouse OOP

 
I think everybody who watches House of Cards envy Claire Underwood  her wardrobe....I really like her white wrap blouse and wanted to make one for myself. after a lot of googling and going through Burda Magazines I decided to use this pattern, and then I saw that the blouse required far less yardage than my 2,5 meter piece of white shirting I decided to use this fabric from Stof2000 in Copenhagen ( Stof 2000 is a chain but I find the store at Norrebro to be the best)It´s a cotton and the colors goes well with the grey skirt and the cardigan that is yet to be finished.
 


If you look to the right of this picture you can see what the fabric looks like



 I did not do the pleats in the back and made my ties ca 150 cm long and tie them around me when I wear the blouse. I also did a different finish on the sleeves. I have a long torso so I added 2 cm above bustlevel and at the same time I lowered  the apex. This is something I do on all patterns and it´s a really fast fix.
I will be going to Rome for 2 weeks later this spring and one thing I will look for is a nice white shirting becourse I´m determent to redraw this pattern so I get a classic shirt sleeve with vent and cuff  and I will also make it slightly longer and sligtly wider ties.


No comments: